Shipping Preparations for Beverage Samples
Note: We recommend that you do not ship samples on Friday or Saturday as the samples could be compromised over the weekend due to deterioration of the sample. If shipping Thursday, make sure to ship via overnight, so the samples do not sit over the weekend.
1. Upon receiving your Vinmetrica Labs sample shipping kit, please place the gel pack in the freezer for 12 hours or until the gel pack is frozen solid.
2. Prepare the sample by filling up either the 15 mL or 50 mL conical tube then cap and seal tightly. Look on the Vinmetrica Labs Label for a Min. Volume necessary for that specific test.
Note: Fill the conical tube to a level above the beginning of the threads near the top of the tube to reduce headspace. (this is a volume either over 15mL or 50 mL depending on the size of the tube)
3. Fill out the Vinmetrica Labs label that is provided. Check the box for the test that you wish to be performed on your sample. Please include a phone number and an email address on one of the labels. Place the label on the tube so the label is not overlapping itself.
Note: One analysis per tube. Please only check one box per conical tube. Analyses require a certain volume which will be either the 15 mL, 50 mL or 100 mL Min. Volume category. For 100 mL analyses, please fill two 50 mL conical tubes as per the instructions above.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for all sample analyses ordered.
5. Place the samples in the ziploc bag provided and seal shut. Place the ziploc bagged samples and the frozen gel pack into the styrofoam box.
6. Place the prepared styrofoam box into the cardboard box that is provided. Tape and seal the box closed. Print out a shipping label addressed to us (our address is below) and please write on the label, in a conveniently readable location, “For Laboratory Analysis Only”.
Note: The shipping supplies are provided free of charge. Expect arrival in 3-4 business days for handling and delivery of the supplies.
For Local Drop-off
If you are near North County San Diego, feel free to stop by and drop off your sample Monday through Friday 9-5pm. Our address is:
6084 Corte Del Cedro, Suite 105
Carlsbad, CA 92011
Posted in: Services Page FAQs