The Vinmetrica Dissolved Oxygen System
A great addition to your SC-200 or SC-300 pH Analyzer! The Dissolved Oxygen (DO) System is designed to give you accurate DO readings using the pH function on your Vinmetrica Equipment.
The Importance of Testing for Dissolved Oxygen in your Wine or Beer.
Dissolved Oxygen (DO) has numerous effects on wine, some desirable, some definitely not. Depending on the type of wine and its characteristics, careful management of DO will ensure best stability and outcome. At time of bottling, for example, it is generally desirable to keep DO below 10% saturation.
Complete Kit Includes Everything You Need To Begin Testing Immediately
- The Vinmetrica Dissolved Oxygen Electrode
- Dissolved Oxygen Electrolyte Solution (PN: SC-200-13-2)
- Sodium Sulfite Powder (PN: SC-200-13-1)
- Standard Measuring Vial
- One 5mL Syringe
- Extra Dissolved Oxygen Probe Membrane Cap
- The User Manual
Want to test with ease? Have you seen our Deluxe Lab Accessory Kit? Set up your DO probe and SC Series instrument using state of the art laboratory equipment. Our Electrode holder makes testing a breeze.
Simple to Use:
- Press the power button and navigate to mV or pH mode.
- Assemble DO probe – using membrane and electrolyte solution (first-time use only). Attach DO2 electrode to instrument.
- Create Sodium Sulfite Solution and measure 0% DO saturation.
- Measure 100% DO saturation.
- Measure DO saturation in wine sample.
- Calculate DO as % of saturation, convert to mg/L if desired.
How It Works
The electrode has an internal electrolyte solution behind a gas-permeable membrane. Oxygen in the sample diffuses into this internal electrolyte and creates an electrochemical (“galvanic”) reaction at the metal contact on the electrode. This is picked up by the SC-200 or -300 and displayed as a voltage reading (firmware x.1.2 or higher), or as an apparent “pH” value, either of which can be related to the response of known oxygen content, allowing you to determine DO as % saturation.
Watch Our How-To Video for the Vinmetrica SC-100A
- Sensitivity: 0.03 mg/L dissolved oxygen
- Accuracy: +/-2% of reading or saturation (whichever is greater)
Simple as that!
For More Details Check Out The:
Dissolved Oxygen System Manual
We’re Here For You
Customer Support is available Monday through Saturday 9 am – 5 pm PST. We are committed to providing the best support for our products. We hope that we can assist you in making our products work for you. If contacting us after hours or on Sunday, feel free to leave a message, by phone or email below, and we will return it as soon as we can. Our Contact Info is below!