You asked for it, you got it. We took our best accessories and combined them with the Vinmetrica SC-300 SO2 and pH/TA Wine analyzer to improve on one of the best total wine analysis kits out there! The Vinmetrica SC-300 SO2 and pH/TA analyzer has been paired up with the following accessories:
Both are able to measure accurately within 0.2 mL, the 25mL option is easier when you are conducting multiple tests.
Now you can measure SO2 and pH/TA quickly and easily so you can focus on what matters, making high quality wines!
The Vinmetrica SC-300 SO2 & pH/TA Pro Kit
The SC-300 Pro Kit gives accurate SO2, pH and TA values. Kit includes everything to perform about 50 sulfite tests and 30 TA tests: both electrodes, all reagents, a 10 mL glass burette, lab support stand, double burette clamp, electrode holder, magnetic stirrer, rinse bottle, sampling pipettes, two syringes and two beakers.
The Ultimate Winemaker’s Laboratory
One lean, mean wine analyzing machine.The SC-300 Pro Kit combines the SO2 detection of the SC-100 and the pH/TA analysis of the SC-200 into one power-packed instrument. Plus, with the added precision and convenience of the accessories provided in the SC-300 Pro Kit, you have a powerful compact Wine Laboratory at your fingertips! It’s built on the same hardware and software as our other two analyzers, so the accuracy and precision is superb. And it’s just as easy to use ? The audible buzzer and visual stop light will automaticallylet you know when your tests are done! Because it does not rely on a color change, the SC-300 eliminates the guesswork in Ripper sulfite tests, especially in red wines!
Complete Wine Testing Kit: Includes Everything Needed to Analyze Sulfite (SO2), pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels in Your Wines & Musts:
- The SC-300 SO2 & pH/TA Meter
- a SO2 electrode
- a pH electrode
- a Lab Support stand
- a 10 or 25 mL glass burette
- a Double Burette clamp
- Two titration beakers
- Two 5 mL syringes
- SO2& pH/TA reagents
- Two transfer pipettes
- Vinmetrica’s Electrode Holder
- a tube of Burette Detergent
- a Magnetic Stirrer
- Rinse Bottle
- 25 mL sampling pipette (for SO2)
- 5 mL sampling pipette (for pH/TA)
- The SC-300 Pro Operating Manual
A Quick Overview – Wine Analysis Procedures with the SC-300:
Easy SO2 Test
- 1. Press the power button, change to SO2 mode and press enter.
- 2. Attach the SO2 electrode. Pour 5 mL of titrant into the burette and place 25 mL of wine into the titration beaker. Add in the magnetic stir bar.
- 3. Add ~2 mL of the acid and ~2 mL of the reactant to the wine sample.
- 4. Stabilize the SO2 electrode using the electrode holder and adjust it so the electrode is in contact with the wine sample. Make sure the electrode is above the level of the stir bar then activate the magnetic stirrer.
- 5. Add titrant from the burette into the titration beaker dropwise until a 15 second long endpoint signal is reached. Record the volume of SO2 titrant used.
- 6. Multiply the titrant used volume by 20, the SO2 conversion factor, to produce results in ppm Free SO2.
Simple pH Test
- 1. Attach the pH electrode, set aside pH storage solution, rinse with DI water and blot gently with a paper towel.
- 2. Press the power button then the ‘Mode’ button and switch the SC-300 into ‘Cal’ mode.
- 3. Calibrate using the pH 4 and pH 7 reference standards provided. Put the SC-300 in pH mode.
- 4. Take 5 mL sample of wine, place in a beaker. Take a pH reading.
Accurate TA Test
- 1. For TA test, pour 5 mL of the TA Titrant into the burette. Remove bubbles by flushing them out of the burette. Dry the outside of the burette thoroughly before titrating.
- 2. Take a 5 mL wine sample and add ~15 mL of deionized water.
- 3. Put the SC-300 into TA mode, place clean pH electrode gently in solution.
- 4. Add TA Titrant from the burette dropwise until the endpoint is reached indicated with the visual and audible signals. Record the volume (in mL) of titrant used.
- 5. Multiply the titration volume by 2, the TA conversion factor, results in g/L Tartaric Acid.
Simple as that!
For more details about operation and running the Vinmetrica SC-300 Pro Kit:
Check out the SC-300 Pro Kit Manual
The SC-300 has Four Great Video Tutorials detailing how to take control of your SO2, pH and TA levels in your wine!
Already have an SC-100A, SC-200 or SC-300 but want the added convenience and precision of having your own Laboratory? Check out the Deluxe Lab Accessory Kit which will give you added convenience, making a large number of sulfite tests easier and further resolved.
Why Choose Vinmetrica’s SC-300 Pro Kit?
Where else will you find a single, compact instrument that can measure sulfite (SO2), pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels throughout the fermentation and aging process? Even in Red Wines!
– It’sAccurate and Precise:
- SO2: better than 2 ppm Free SO2.
- TA:better than 0.2 g/L Tartaric acid
- pH:0.02 pH units
– The Pro Kit Enhances: With the Pro Kit you can more than double the resolution of your SC-300 SO2 and TA titration measurements!
– Quick: Less than 2 minutes per test!
– Easy to use: No mystery solutions, pumps or tubing.
– Affordable: About a $1 per test!*
– Dependable: All of our instruments come with a 2 year warranty. The pH/TA and SO2electrodes come with a 1 year warranty, and reagents come with a 6 month warranty.
* SO2 (Sulfite) measurements cost less than 75 a test (the cost of the reagents per test). If you do a combined pH and TA analysis, the cost of reagents for the pH/TA measurement is approximately $1.12 a test.
We’re Here For You
Customer Support is available Monday through Saturday 9 am – 5 pm! We are committed to providing the best support for our products. We hope that we can assist you in making our products work for you. If contacting us after hours or on Sunday, feel free to leave a message, by phone or email, and we will return it as soon as we can. Our contact info is below!