The Vinmetrica SC-200 pH/TA Analyzer Kit
The Vinmetrica SC-200 analyzer gives accurate pH and TA values. Kit includes everything to perform about 30 tests: electrode, all reagents, pipettes, syringe and beaker.
SC-200 pH/TA How-To Videos
Vinmetrica’s SC-200 Measures pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels in wines easily, accurately and quickly. Knowing your pH and your TA parameters is essential during the winemaking process to insure you are making the highest quality wines.
Complete Kit Includes Everything You Need for Your First 30 pH/TA Tests.
- The Vinmetrica SC-200 pH/TA Meter
- pH/TA reagents
- replacement pH electrode storage solution
- a Titration beaker
- a 5 mL syringe
- a pH electrode
- a 5 mL sampling pipette
- The SC-200 Operating Manual
Simple pH Procedure
- Attach the pH electrode and press the ‘Power’ button
- Press the ‘Mode’ button and switch into ‘Cal’ mode.
- Set aside the storage solution, rinse with DI water and blot gently with a paper towel.
- Calibrate with the pH 4 & 7 reference solutions. Press enter when the ‘Cal’ LED flashes. Put into ‘pH’ mode.
- Take 5 mL sample of wine, place in a beaker. Take a pH reading.
Accurate TA Test
- For TA test, withdraw 5 mL of the TA Titrant with the syringe.
- Take 5 mL wine sample and add ~15 mL of deionized water.
- Put SC-200 into TA mode, place clean pH electrode gently in solution.
- Add TA Titrant dropwise until the endpoint is reached with the visual and audible signals. Record the volume (in mL) of titrant used.
- Multiply the titration volume by 2, the TA conversion factor, results in g/L Tartaric Acid.
How It Works
The SC-200 kit provides a pH electrode and reagents for calibration and determination of pH and titratable acidity (TA) values in wines and other samples. The pH value is simply determined by placing the calibrated electrode into a sample and reading the value. TA is determined by titrating a 5 mL sample of wine to an endpoint pH of 8.2* with the TA titrant (0.13N NaOH) from the syringe in the kit. From the known concentration of the TA titrant and its volume required to reach the endpoint, the TA is simply calculated (results are in units of g/L tartaric acid).
Watch our How-To Videos for the SC-200
How to Calibrate pH Electrode
How to Measure pH of Wine
How to Test Wine for TA (Titratable Acid)
Top 5 Reasons Why Vinmetrica’s SC-200 is the Right Choice
- Easy to use: it’s audible buzzer and visual stop light indicators let you know when you’re done titrating
- Accurate: for TA:0.2 g/L Tartaric acid & for pH: better than 0.02 pH units
- Quick results: less than 2 minutes per TA test & even quicker for a pH test
- Quick pH calibration: takes about 2 minutes, & only needs to be done once per day
- Inexpensive about a dollar per test!
- pH range: 1.0 to 13.
- Accuracy: better than 0.02 pH unit.
- Autocalibrate on pH 3.00, 4.01, 7.00, 10.00
- TA mode: Accuracy: +/- 0.2 g/L Tartaric acid.
- Sensitivity: Detects down to 0.2 g/L Tartaric Acid
For more details:
Check out the SC-200 Manual
Simple as that!
We’re Here for You
Customer Support – Monday through Friday, 9 am – 5 pm and Saturday 10am – 4pm (PST).
We are committed to our customer service. If contacting us after hours or on Sunday, feel free to leave a message, by phone or email, and we will return it as soon as we can. At the bottom of this page you will find our phone number and email address.
There are no reviews yet.