The Vinmetrica SC-300 SO2 & pH/TA Wine Analyzer Kit
The SC-300 analyzer gives accurate SO2, pH and TA values. Kit includes everything to perform about 50 sulfite tests and 30 TA tests: both electrodes, all reagents, pipettes, syringe and beaker.
The Ultimate Winemaker’s Companion.
One lean, mean wine analyzing machine.The SC-300 combines the SO2 detection of the SC-100 and the pH/TA analysis of the SC-200 into one power-packed instrument.
It’s built on the same hardware and software as our other two analyzers, so the accuracy is superb. And it’s just as easy to use! The audible buzzer and visual stop light will automatically let you know when you’re tests are done!
Because it does not rely on a color change, the SC-300 eliminates the guesswork in Ripper sulfite tests, especially in red wines!
Complete Wine Testing Kit: Includes Everything Needed to Analyze Sulfite (SO2), pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels in Your Wines & Musts:
- The SC-300 SO2 & pH/TA Meter
- SO2 & pH/TA reagent sets
- Two titration beakers
- Two 5 mL syringes
- Two transfer pipettes
- a SO2 electrode
- a pH electrode
- 25 mL sampling pipette (for SO2)
- 5 mL sampling pipette (for pH/TA)
- The Vinmetrica SC-300 Manual
A Quick Overview – Wine Analysis Procedures with the SC-300:
Easy SO2 Test
- 1. Press the power button, change to SO2 mode and press enter.
- 2. Attach SO2 electrode. Draw up 5 mL of titrant into the syringe and place 25 mL of wine in beaker.
- 3. Add ~2 mL of the acidifier and ~2 mL of the reactant to wine.
- 4. Place and hold the SO2 electrode in the wine sample and swirl beaker.
- 5. Add titrant from syringe dropwise until 15 second long endpoint signal reached.
- 6. Multiply the titration volume by 20, the SO2 conversion factor, results in ppm Free SO2.
Simple pH Test
- 1. Attach the pH electrode, set aside storage solution, rinse with DI water and blot gently with a paper towel.
- 2. Press the power button then press the ‘Mode’ button and switch the SC-300 into ‘Cal’ mode.
- 3. Calibrate using the pH 4 and pH 7 reference standards provided. Put the SC-300 in pH mode.
- 4. Take a 5 mL sample of wine, place it in the beaker. Take a pH reading.
Accurate TA Test
- 1. For the TA test, withdraw 5 mL of the TA Titrant with the syringe.
- 2. Take 5 mL wine sample and add ~15 mL of deionized water.
- 3. Put SC-300 into TA mode, place clean pH electrode gently in solution.
- 4. Add TA Titrant from the syringe dropwise until the endpoint is reached indicatedwith the visual and audible signals. Record the volume (in mL) of titrant used.
- 5. Multiply the titration volume by 2, the TA conversion factor,results in g/L Tartaric Acid.
Simple as that!
- Sensitivity: detects less than 2 ppm Free or Total SO2 in a 25 mL sample
- Accuracy: +/- 2 ppm Free or Total SO2
- pH range: 1.0 to 13.
- Accuracy: better than 0.02 pH unit.
- Autocalibrate on pH 3.00, 4.01, 7.00, 10.00
- TA mode: Accuracy: +/- 0.2 g/L Tartaric acid.
- Sensitivity: Detects down to 0.2 g/L Tartaric Acid
For more details about operation and running Vinmetrica’s SC-300:
Check out the SC-300 Manual
The SC-300 has Four Great How-To Videos detailing how to take Control of your SO2, pH and TA levels in Your Wine!
Why Choose Vinmetrica’s SC-300?
Where else will you find a single, compact instrument that can measure sulfite (SO2), pH and TA (Titratable Acidity) levels throughout the fermentation and aging process? Even in Red Wines!
– It’s Accurate:
SO2: 2 ppm Free SO2
TA:0.2 g/L Tartaric acid
pH: better than0.02 pH units
– Quick: Less than 2 minutes per test!
– Easy to use: No mystery solutions, pumps or tubing.
– Affordable: About a $1 per test!*
– Dependable: All of our instruments come with a 2 year warranty. The pH/TA and SO2 electrodes come with a 1 year warranty, and reagents come with a 6 month warranty.
* SO2 (Sulfite) tests cost less than 75 / test (the cost of the reagents per test). If you do a combined pH and TA analysis, the cost of reagents for the pH/TA test is approximately $1.12 / test.
We’re Here For You
Customer Support is available Monday through Saturday 9 am – 5 pm!
We are committed to providing the best support for our products. We hope that we can assist you in making our products work for you. If contacting us after hours or on Sunday, feel free to leave a message, by phone or email, and we will return it as soon as we can. Our contact info is below!