The Sentia™ Analyzer Malic Acid Test Strips
The Sentia™ Malic Acid Test Strips give you the power of a laboratory in the palm of your hand. Using the portable and easy-to-use Sentia™ Analyzer, the Sentia™ Malic Acid test strips can measure Malic Acid concentration in post-fermentation red and white wines. If you need fast, reliable results on the go, the Sentia™ system is worth considering as an alternative to the Vinmetrica SC-50.
In developing the Sentia™ system, Universal Biosensors created the Sentia™ Malic Acid Test Strip using their heritage in electrochemical technology developed in the medical device field. They then matched this to the hand-held Sentia™ Analyzer boasting a color touchscreen display and wireless connectivity.
Their goal was simple: take the pain out of Malic Acid testing. Make your own testing simpler and faster. No more sending samples to the lab waiting days for the data to come back or messing with caustic reagents and titrations. Just reliable test results you can collect yourself in under a minute.
SHIPPING INFORMATION: The Sentia™ Malic Acid Test strips need to be shipped via 2-Day shipping. Due to the complicated shipping for the Sentia™ items, all shipping charges will be billed separately after checkout has been completed. The invoice for shipping will be send to the email used to place the order. Payment for shipping charges must be received within 5 business days or we will cancel your order. Thank you for your understanding.
The Sentia™ Test Strips for testing Malic Acid (MLF) has two components:
- Airtight Vial includes 25 test strips
- A MLF Buffer Solution (good for 50 tests)
Things you will also need to test for Malic Acid (MLF):
- A uL pipettor for accurate dilutions with pipette tips (500uL capability)
- Clean test tube/mixing tube with cap (one per test) with 5mL capacity or less (1-2mL recommended)
The test strips must be shipped cold via 2-Day shipping. They need to be stored in the refrigerator upon receipt.
Additional Tests: Sentia™ is currently working on more tests and has just released their MLF test strips. They are currently working on including glucose, fructose, and others. We should know more in 2022!
A Quick Overview – Using the Sentia™ Analyzer:
Easy Malic Acid (MLF) Testing
- Press the power button to turn on the analyzer.
- Prepare samples by diluting wine with Buffer (up to 30 min before testing) and mixing thoroughly.
- On the Home screen, touch the TEST button.
- Select Malic Acid from the list.
- Select Sample Type (and optionally entering a sample ID), select or enter the index number of the vial.
- Remove a strip from the vial then securely close the vial. Always store strips in the fridge when not in use.
- When prompted, insert the strip gently but firmly into the Analyzer
- Only when prompted, apply the sample on to the end of the strip.
- When the analysis is complete, the test result will be presented.
**Updating your Sentia™ Analyzer: The Sentia™ analyzer will need to be connected to WIFI briefly every three months in order to automatically acquire the latest calibration data for the Sentia™ test strip batches, although we recommend you connect whenever convenient. If your analyzer is not showing the button for MLF testing you will need to perform a firmware update to access this capability. Simply connect to wifi and the instrument will do the rest. The update can take up to 30 minutes to install.**
How It Works
The Sentia™ system measures free Malic Acid directly by a modern, miniaturized version of the technique of voltammetry. There is no need to add reagents; the system is pre-calibrated to work directly on the sample when applied to the strip.
How-To Videos for the Sentia™ Analyzer
Simple Wine Testing with Sentia™
Spend Less Time in the Lab
Malic Acid (MLF)
- Sensitivity: 0.05 g/L – 5 g/L of Malic Acid
- Time per Test: 45 seconds
- Volume of wine per test: 0.008 mL (eight microliters)
Why Choose the Sentia™ Analyzer and Malic Acid Test Strips?
– It’s Accurate: Vinmetrica itself has verified the accuracy relative to the well-established SC-50 system.
– Quick: Less than 1 minute per test!
– Easy to use: No multiple pipetting of reagents or reagent preparation, no time wasted calibrating and no special training required.
– Affordable: As low as $6.00 per test!*
– Dependable: The simplicity of the system reduces opportunities for error.
* After initial purchase of the Sentia™ Analyzer.
For more details:
Check out the Sentia™ User Manual
Independent Comparison: Check it out here.
Simple as that!